ISU Extension and Outreach is hosting a virtual Food Preservation 101 course. Food Preservation 101 is a general overview that highlights the key information Iowans need to know to get started preserving food at home. During this FREE, one-hour online course, nutrition and wellness specialists will:
- Discuss various food preservation techniques – pressure canning, hot water bath canning, dehydration and freezing;
- Provide science-based, reliable food preservation resources; and
- Answer general food preservation questions.
Food Preservation 101 will be hosted numerous dates and times. To register for Food Preservation 101, go to ISU Extension web site. The scheduled dates and times are:
- Thursday, June 18, 8-9 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 7, 10-11 a.m. and 8-9 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 20, 10-11 a.m. and 8-9 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 10, 7-8 p.m.