Learn more about the Daniel Nelson brick home in this new program series. Once a month during our open season, there will be a featured program about the Nelson family, the materials used to build the home, and historic preservation. Interactive activities and crafts included in kid’s programs.
All admission rates and donations from these activities will go towards our Nelson House Roof Rehabilitation Project that will be introduced during the Launch. Hosted by Mahaska County Historical Society. For more information, call Margaret at 641.672.2989.
- Program Launch May 16, 6-7 PM (adults, but kids welcome)
- Board by Board June 20, 10 AM-12 PM (kids 5+)
- Brick by Brick July 11 & 25, 10 AM – 12 PM (kids 5+)
- Woods It to You? Aug. 15, 10 AM-12 PM (kids 5+)
- Architectural Preservation Sept. 12, 6-7 PM (adults, but kids welcome)