CALENDAR CHANGES ARE AROUND THE CORNER... Everything Mahaska Community Calendar has moved. It has been redesigned and has a new home on the Mahaska Chamber & Development Group’s website (click here).The Everything Mahaska website will be phased out. Thanks for your past and future support!
- City Hall: 220 South Market Street, 641.673.9431
- Mahaska County Courthouse:
106 South 1st Street, 641.673.4940
- Mahaska Law Enforcement Center:
214 High Avenue East
- Non-emergency Sheriff: 641.673.4322
- Non-emergency Police: 641.672.2557
- Stephen Memorial Animal Shelter:
2299 N 17th Street, 641.673.3991
- Oskaloosa Chamber of Commerce Visitors Center:
222 1st Ave. East, 641.672.2591
- Oskaloosa Bark Park: Located in Edmundson Park, it is approximately 1.5 acres of fenced in area consisting of two separate areas – one for small dogs (18 in or less in height) and another for large dogs. Small dogs are also welcome in the large dog area. The fence is 4-foot vinyl coated chain link, with a double-gated entry system.
Now Showing at Penn Centre Theatre: 212 2nd Ave. West, Oskaloosa, 641.673.4333
Now Showing at Capri Theatre: 107 East Market, New Sharon, 641.637.4055
Now Showing at Ottumwa 8 Theatres: 1215 Theatre Drive, Ottumwa, 641.682.9190
Now Showing at Pella Cinemas: 708 Main St., Pella, 641.628.0329
HUNTING enthusiasts from all over the United States visit Mahaska County to hunt pheasants, quail, turkey, and deer in the area’s wooded, rolling hills. For more information about hunting in Iowa, contact the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.
PARKS & LAKES: Lake Keomah State Park is an 83-acre lake and park providing boating, camping, hiking, fishing and picnicking. Edmundson Park in Oskaloosa provides a serene setting for play, reading, lunches, picnicking, a pond for fishing, a disc golf course, and a magnificent wooden playground. There are numerous public parks scattered throughout the Mahaska Community. Lake Redrock is 15,000 acres of water and 35,000 acres of land and just 34 miles northwest of Oskaloosa.
GOLFERS have several course choices when considering a round of golf: Edmundson, Harvest Point, Oskaloosa Public Golf, or Prairie Knolls Country Club. There’s also mini-putt and driving ranges. Disc Golf is also very popular. To view the area’s courses and links for additional information, click Disc Golf Information Page to open an informational PDF.
MCCB (Mahaska County Conservation Board) has hundreds of programs for children and adults of all ages along with conservation parks which include fishing and boating, hiking and the ability to enjoy nature at its finest. Visit their web site and learn about cabins for rent and Cauldwell Park updates.
IOWA CAMPSITE RESERVATIONS: Campers are now able to go on-line and reserve state park campsites across Iowa. Visit Iowa State Parks Reservations to choose a site, view park attractions, and select dates for reservations.
FEDERAL RECREATION SITES: Plan trips to federal recreation sites from monuments and historic attractions to forests, parks and scenic byways. Visit Recreation.gov to make reservations and payments online for tours, camp sites, and other accommodations. This site includes information on Federal government managed and Federal government affiliated (subordinate, subsidiary or member) sites. It does not list hotels, restaurants or tourist attractions managed by private companies or other organizations. Their content focuses on nature-based, historic and cultural activities commonly available on federally managed lands.
Note: Due to Covid-19, some areas and businesses may not be operational or have temporary hours.
- Eveland Access Cabins: 1681 290th Street, Oskaloosa, 641.673.9327
- Eveland Access Campgrounds: 2980 Galeston Avenue, 641.673.9328
- Lake Keomah State Park: 2720 Keomah Lane, 641.673.6975
- Southen Iowa Fairgrounds Camping: April 1 through October 31 (subject to weather), 641.673.7004
- Visit Iowa State Parks Reservations to choose a site, view park attractions, and select dates for reservations.
- Area churches and hotels (visit Lodging and Worship pages)
- Debbie’s Celebration Barn: 641.660.5535
- Kinsmen’s Keep Banquet Hall: 641.660.8894
- Lake Keomah State Park Lodge: 641.673.6975
- Mahaska County YMCA: 641.673.8411, private rooms and pool can be rented
- Nelson Pioneer Farm’s Bradbury Hall: 641.672.2989
- Smokey Row Meeting Room: 641.676.1600
- University Park Community Center: 515.329.5767 (This property is equipped with stove, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, seven 8-foot tables and 70 chairs.)
- William Penn University: 641.673.1078
- Wood Iron Grille: 641.676.3322
- The Chamber of Commerce may have additional suggestions: 641.672.2591
GAS STATIONS / CONVENIENCE STORES
Locations are Oskaloosa unless otherwise noted
- Agriland FS (Buses, Trailers): 2305 Highway 23, 641.673.8659
- Casey’s General Store: 1310 A Ave. West, 641.672.2669
- Casey’s General Store: 1809 9th Ave. East, 641.673.3952
- Casey’s General Store: 1902 South Market Street, 641.673.0656
- Casey’s General Store: 413 A Ave. West, 641.673.9281
- Casey’s General Store: 901 South Market Street, 641.673.4002
- Murphy’s USA: 2201 A Ave. West, 641.673.5085
- Oskaloosa Watering Hole: 1911 17th Ave. East, 641.673.3829
- Mahaska Coin-Op: 1414 A Ave. East, 641.673.9181
- Village Cleaners (drop off laundry): 104 South 11th Street, 641.673.6204
- Stop ‘N Go Laundromat: 1308 A Ave. East, 641.676.8330
CORONA VIRUS & MAHASKA COUNTY
The health and wellness of our community is the top priority, and many events in the Mahaska Community have been cancelled or postponed for the safety and well-being of our residents and visitors. While every attempt is being made to keep the Everything Mahaska Community Calendar up to date, with the speed at which things are changing, we ask for your patience and understanding in calendar accuracy. Please call event organizers to obtain status of events that have been postponed. Safety guidelines are in place for a reason and for updated local and statewide information, visit the links below.
- Iowa COVID-19
- Mahaska County Emergency Management
- Mahaska Health Partnership
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Test Iowa
Welcome, and thanks for visiting Everything Mahaska — a web site designed to help you experience Oskaloosa Iowa and Mahaska County and everything it has to offer.
Visitor or resident, you’ll find it here through the searchable Ultimate Community Calendar; by reviewing and clicking information links in the menu above, or by clicking on any of the photos on the home page. Keep scrolling to find feature events and what’s playing in the theaters. Go directly to the calendar and see for yourself the wide variety of activities posted – and remember to visit the calendar often as events are added nearly daily!
Click through the navigation menu to find exactly what you’re looking for or click on any of the home page photos to learn even more.